Hello folks, hope you’re doing well.
- The U.N. has invited Iran to the Geneva talks to play a “ positive role. ”
- Jordan has agreed to host U.S. training of Iraqi soldiers after al-Qaeda gains in Iraq.
- Bashar al-Assad states his resignation is not up for discussion ahead of the Geneva talks.
Patient bleeding out? Don’t treat the bleed; keep the crash cart nearby
Imagine you were a doctor in the ER when a patient was brought in presenting symptoms indicating a likely internal bleed. Here are the two critical questions you face.
In This Issue.
* UK Retail Sales beat expectations.
* Renminbi gets back to appreciating.
* Kiwi gets caught up in A$ weakness.
* Richard Russell on this Fantastico Friday!
And, Now, Today's Pfennig For Your Thoughts!
Lofty Praise For Yours Truly.
Good Day! And a Happy Friday to one and all! This will eventually...
Click here to receive the Daily Digest via email.
People Worried About Income Inequality (The Kudlow Report)
Roosevelt Institute Fellow Mike Konczal explains that while it's true that income inequality isn't quite as bad if you account for programs that provide low-wage income support, the GOP's plans to reduce that support and lower taxes will make...
Coda: Is the Fed Independent of Influence?
In my two part series (here and here), I examined conventional views of (mostly) economists on the Fed’s supposed independence. What they focus on is the Fed’s independence from our elected representatives and as...
Hello folks. Realized the Roundup yesterday as utterly long so I made sure to cut this one and choose relevant stories not repeated on Firedoglake by anyone else.
- In Robert Gates’ new book, he states that in 2009 the U.S. tried to oust Hamid Karzai by manipulating Afghan elections . Good to know.