Recently, I’ve been writing about oligarchs advocating for entitlement cuts and austerity. I’ve discussed attacks on entitlement benefits for the elderly from Abby Huntsman (of MSNBC’s The Cycle) and Catherine Rampell (a Washington Post columnist), both the children of...
How are you doing today, folks? It’s Earth Day!
- Egypt has announced it is close to purchasing 24 fighters jets from Russia; Interesting deal amid Western-Russian tensions
- The UN said the massacre in Bentiu, South Sudan caused by rebels was a “ game-change r” in the civil war
- A committee in...
When I hear about strategies that purport to legally allow US citizens to avoid having to pay income taxes, the first thing that usually comes to mind is that it is some sort of cockamamie scheme.
This is because the US government is no slouch when it comes to shaking down its citizens for every penny. The mind-boggling spending on welfare and...
Click here to receive the Daily Digest via email.
Raising Taxes on Corporations that Pay Their CEOs Royally and Treat Their Workers Like Serfs (Robert Reich)
Robert Reich explains a proposed bill in California that would incentivize lower executive pay by tying corporate tax rates to the ratio of CEO pay to typical workers' pay.
Hey folks, how are you today?
- Very interesting and informative interview on the situation in eastern Ukraine and what is actually happening in the area
- Arundhati Roy: “ Another World Is Not Only Possible, She Is on Her Way ”
- The psychologist who helped make torture possible in Guantanamo Bay and...